As the required textbook for NAEMT's Trauma First Response course, PHTLS Trauma First Response delivers comprehensive, evidence-based guidelines culled from NAEMT's internationally renowned Prehospital Trauma Life Support, Seventh Edition text to help you provide the most effective pre-EMS trauma treatment. It's the perfect book for first responders, police, officers, firefighters, rescue personnel, and safety officers!
Confidently manage the immediate needs of trauma patients with proven first response strategies!
- Comprehensive, evidenced-based coverage reflects the latest research across all aspects of prehospital and first-response-level trauma in one convenient resource.
- Heavily illustrated presentation guides you step-by-step through essential skills.
- Scenarios and Scenario Solutions challenge you to apply treatment concepts to realistic situations.
- Unparalleled kinematics coverage helps you understand and effectively manage impact trauma.
- Chapter Objectives and closing Summaries break down must-know information for easier understanding.
- Dedicated chapters on Burn Trauma and Disaster Management detail the latest management techniques and protocols for these critical areas.
- Chapter 1 Introduction to PHTLS and TFR
- Chapter 2 Mechanisms of Injury and Kinematics of Trauma
- Chapter 3 Assessment of the Scene and Patient
- Chapter 4 Airway and Breathing
- Chapter 5 Circulation and Shock
- Chapter 6 Disability: Brain and Spine Trauma
- Chapter 7 Musculoskeletal Trauma
- Chapter 8 Burn Trauma
- Chapter 9 Environmental and Wilderness Trauma
- Chapter 10 Pediatric and Geriatric Trauma
- Chapter 11 Disaster Management and Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Chapter 12 Golden Principles of Prehospital Trauma Care