An Australian text designed to address the key area of clinical reasoning in nursing practice.
Using a series of authentic scenarios, Clinical Reasoning guides students through the clinical reasoning process while challenging them to think critically about the nursing care they provide.
With scenarios adapted from real clinical situations that occurred in healthcare and community settings, this edition continues to address the core principles for the provision of quality care and the prevention of adverse patient outcomes.
- Clinical Reasoning Model reinforces the stages of the clinical reasoning cycle and the cyclical nature of clinical reasoning
- Learning outcomes outline what will be achieved on successful completion of each chapter
- Key concepts build transferable skills and a deeper understanding of the key concepts
- Advanced organisers are provided to enhance understanding and recall of the clinical reasoning cycle.
- Questions provide opportunities to test your knowledge, make mistakes, and learn from the process.
- ‘Something to think about’ boxes highlight important points within each chapter
- Guided reflection questions at the end of each scenario encourage critical and creative thinking about what has been learnt and how it will inform future practice