Lewis's Medical-Surgical Nursing (Hardback) + Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Medical Surgical Nursing - ANZ 5th Edition Value Pack
Lewis’s Medical–Surgical Nursing ANZ, 5th Edition continues as the most comprehensive, go-to reference for developing the core aspects of professional nursing care in Australia and New Zealand.
With a clear framework of person-centred care, critical thinking, clinical reasoning and evidence-based practice underpinning the assessment and management of adults with complex, acute and chronic healthcare issues, the 5th edition provides nursing students with the foundations for developing expert clinical practice.
Thoroughly revised, the new edition responds to key health priorities, providing an innovative approach to addressing Indigenous health in Australia and New Zealand. Greater emphasis is also given to the issues of: self-care; examination of the nurse’s role within an interprofessional team; and management of the deteriorating patient, to reflect the changing nature of nursing practice in the contemporary healthcare environment.
This now includes Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Medical Surgical Nursing, ANZ, 5th Edition. Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to the core text, EAQ prepares students for tutorials, lectures and exams, with access to thousands of exam-style questions at your fingertips.
- Includes Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Potter & Perry's Fundamentals of Nursing, ANZ 6th Edition
- Over 4,200 self-quizzing localised questions and rationales that allows students to advance at their own pace — based on performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter
- A comprehensive dashboard allows students to view their progress, and identify areas of strength and weakness
Additional resources on Evolve
- eBook on VitalSource
Student and Instructor Resources
- Review Questions
- Conceptual Care Map creator
- Student Case studies
- Fluids and Electrolytes tutorial
- Nursing Care Plans
- Test Bank
- PowerPoint slides
- Image bank
New to this edition
- Now available in either hard cover or 2-volume set paperback formats
- Chapter 3: Stress and coping. This chapter explores theoretical models of stress, the impact of stress on human functioning, and strategies for coping with stress in the context of nursing practice and healthcare delivery
- Chapter 5: Working with Indigenous peoples of Australia and New Zealand. Co-authored by highly respected Indigenous and non-Indigenous academics from Australia and New Zealand, the chapter role-models Indigenous and non-Indigenous health professionals working alongside each other to improve health outcomes, and the practical role that nurses can play to improve the healthcare experiences of Indigenous people.
- Chapter 69: Recognising and responding to the deteriorating patient. Authored by one of Australia’s leaders in emergency response education, this chapter is designed to develop capability in relation to the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards 2017, specifically Standard 8: Recognising and responding to acute deterioration.
- Chapter 70: Cardiopulmonary resuscitation: basic and advanced life support. Based on the Australian and New Zealand Committee on Resuscitation (ANZCOR) guidelines, this chapter promotes a problem-solving approach to the management of a patient in cardiac arrest by providing the science behind the techniques and interventions used to treat a patient in cardiac arrest.