McKenna’s Pharmacology for Nursing and Health Professionals delivers essential pharmacological information in easy-to-learn steps, helping you to build a solid grounding in the principles of drug therapy, before introducing more complex learning objectives such as pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics. This edition emphasises “need-to-know” concepts to today’s nurses.
- Care considerations with rationales for care interventions
- Therapeutic drug actions and contraindications
- Patient safety—safe medication administration, patient/family teaching and a focus on evidence-based practice ensure learners are ready for a real-world clinical setting.
- Reflective practice—cultural and gender considerations as well as drug therapy across the lifespan encourage critical thinking and reflective practice.
- Calculation reviews reinforce your drug calculation knowledge and hone your clinical skills.
- Test yourself—case-based critical thinking exercises and review questions test what you have learned and help you prepare for exams.
- Holistic care—herbal and alternative therapies present you with options for holistic care.
More than just a textbook!
- Simulation—integrated with the most popular Laerdal simulated scenarios. Make sure you are prepared for the sim lab!
- thePoint Learning Hub—watch animations and videos, take review questions, view case studies and much more!