This handy reference puts fluids and electrolytes into perspective! Part 1 helps you balance the basics of fluids and electrolytes, providing important recurring concepts. Part 2 covers specific imbalances like sodium, calcium, phosphorus and chloride imbalances, and metabolic and respiratory acidosis and alkalosis. Disorders that cause imbalances, like heart of respiratory failure, excessive GI fluid loss and burns, are detailed in Part 3, and Part 4 deals with IV fluid replacement and parenteral nutrition.
Incredibly easy to learn!
- Uh-oh! highlights dangeous signs and symptoms
- It’s not working helps you identify alternative interventions for unexpected outcomes
- Chart Smart lists vital documentation
- Ages and Stages pinpoint paefiatric and geriatric issues to watch for
- Memory Joggers help you understand and remember difficult concepts
- Quick Quizzes test your knowledge and give you instant feedback on your learning