Assessment Skills for Paramedics - 3rd Edition: Amanda Blaber
Now in its third edition, this highly acclaimed resource is the ideal guide for student and practicing paramedics looking to refresh and consolidate their assessment skills. Assessment Skills for Paramedics has been thoroughly revised with fresh, up-to-date knowledge and national guidance. Divided into body systems and presented in a clear, accessible format the book takes the reader through the considerations and actions required for each type of emergency presentation.
New to this edition:
- Histories, assessments and scenarios across multiple chapters.
- Content covering the well-being of the paramedic.
- Chapters including the review of systems (RoS) approach.
- A systematic format of primary and secondary survey in each chapter that relates to current practice.
- Reflects updates to Ambulance Clinical Guidelines, and the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence Guidelines, and The Joint Royal Colleges Ambulance Liaison Committee guidelines.
Packed full of practical, contemporary advice for all paramedics featuring:
- An approach that mirrors current UK and international practice.
- Consideration of the social, ethical and legal factors that might impact on care.
- Specific chapters in the specialist fields of paediatric assessment and neonatal assessment and care.
Written by experienced paramedics, specialist health care professionals and doctors, this book will enable readers to enhance their practical knowledge and to make accurate, timely and thorough assessment of patients across the lifespan.
Book is great, packaging was lucky to get it here. Was open at ends no evidence it was ever sealed