Mental Health Care: 4th Edition: Hungerfords
Mental Health Care, 4th Edition is a textbook package that helps undergraduate students learn the subject matter as both a consumer of care and as part of a multi-disciplinary team of care providers. With an emphasis on understanding practical, real-life scenarios, the fourth edition helps students develop a sense of empathy and gain confidence in care provision.
The new edition has strengthened indigenous content, focusing on culturally appropriate care that was added by new author Aunty Kerrie Doyle.
1. Mental health care in Australia
2. Assessment in the mental health context
3. The legal and ethical context of mental health care
4. Culturally appropriate mental health care
5. Common reactions to stressful situations
6. People displaying challenging behaviours
7. Depression, anxiety and perinatal mental health
8. Caring for a person who has self-harmed
9. Caring for a person with a serious mental illness
10. Substance use disorders
11. Caring for an older person with a mental illness
12. Mental health service delivery