Ross & Wilson Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness, 14th Edition
Now in its fourteenth edition, this best-selling textbook has been honed over many years to provide a clear, straightforward introduction to the human body for students of nursing, allied health or biomedical and paramedical science.
The book covers the core essentials of anatomy and physiology, including basic pathology and pathophysiology of important diseases and disorders. This new edition presents additional illustrations to enhance understanding of key concepts, including pathophysiology and diagnostics. Included for the first time is an introduction to surface anatomy, while other updating reflects current scientific knowledge and developments, including coronavirus. Enhanced learning features and an extensive online resource help you grasp all the important areas.
Like millions of readers before you, you will treasure Ross & Wilson as a go-to resource that you will refer to time and again to support this critical aspect of your healthcare education.
- Clear and easy to read - suitable for students new to the area and anyone whose first language is not English
- Hundreds of stunning illustrations and images to make learning easy
- Helpful learning features such as Learning Outcomes boxes, colour coding and orientation icons to facilitate navigation
- Definitions of common prefixes, suffixes and roots, examples, glossary and an appendix of normal biological values
- Self-assessment activities in each chapter, including 'spot check' questions for each section and case studies with answers to develop understanding of key principles
- Accompanying website with animations, videos, audio-glossary and other self-assessment material
Online content offered with Ross & Wilson Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness 14th edition includes:
- New for this edition - a set of expert-narrated 3D videos summarizing key topics in the book, powered by Complete Anatomy: the world's most advanced 3D anatomy platform
- Over 120 animations clarifying underlying principles and make learning fun
- More than 1700 audio glossary entries
- Body Spectrum © online colouring and self-test software
- Self-assessment questions to help students test their knowledge
By Anne Waugh, MSc CertEd SRN RNT FHEA , School of Acute and Continuing care Nursing, Napier University, Edinburgh, UK and Allison Grant, BSc PhD RGN, Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, UK