Second Opinion - An Introduction to Health Sociology - 6th Edition
Second Opinion: An Introduction to Health Sociology, sixth edition, is the leading health sociology textbook for Australian students.
Accompanied by comprehensive online resources with innovative teaching and learning materials, this outstanding teaching text introduces students to the theories, concepts, issues and contexts of health sociology.
New to this Edition:
- 11 - Young People's Health;
- 12 - The Social Determinants of Obesity;
- 18 - Health and Medical Technology
- Chapter introductory vignettes encourage a sociologically reflexive approach
- Doing Health Sociology boxes link theory to practice as well as highlight sociological research and theories for informing health care practice, health policy, and public understanding of the social origins of health and illness
- Pause and Reflect questions have been integrated to assist in students' understanding of the content
- Up-to-date documentaries and films that relate to chapter themes.