The Paramedic's Guide to Research
This practical book provides a no nonsense guide for student and qualified paramedics looking to understand the key elements of research, and what it means for their profession. The authors explain key concepts and methodologies to help you get to grips with the nature of paramedic research and how it works in practice.
By drawing on a wealth of cases and examples, research is placed firmly in the context of clinical practice. The book will enable you to critique research and to engage in small-scale research projects of your own. Emphasising what you need to know, the book includes information on:
- Knowledge that underpins practice
- Key elements of qualitative and quantitative research
- Research ethics and evidence based practice
- Undertaking a literature review
- Dissemination of research findings
- Considerations of the future for paramedic research
Written by experienced lecturers, the authors offer practical advice and tips to more advanced researchers on getting work published and giving oral and poster presentations at conferences.