C.A.T. Tourniquet - G7
The Combat Application Tourniquet® is a small, light-weight, one-handed tourniquet that stops arterial blood flow in an arm or a leg. The C.A.T uses a windlass system with a patented free-moving internal band. This provides true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will stop and the windlass is locked into place. A hook and loop windlass retention strap is then applied. This secures the windlass to maintain pressure while emergency services arrive. The C.A.T's dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under when under stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
WHEN EVERY SECOND COUNTS
The C.A.T GEN7 design includes 6 key components:
- SINGLE ROUTING BUCKLE: The single routing buckle allows quick, tight application of the band, less blood loss during application and simplified training turns, simplified training with single protocol application standards.
- WINDLASS ROD: Thicker rod, enhanced strength, improved grip.
- WINDLASS CLIP: Bevelled entry on clip for improved ease and speed of rod location into clip. Buttresses for added clip strength.
- WINDLASS STRAP: New reinforced time strap, grey colour for tactical considerations (Black only).
- STABILIZATION PLATE: Reinforced, bevelled contact bar, improved comfort.
- FREE-MOVING INTERNAL BAND: Patented band within band, truly even pressure around the entire limb.