Anatomy & Physiology for the Prehospital Provider
Each new print copy of Anatomy & Physiology for the Prehospital Provider also includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a complete eBook, Study Centre, homework and Assessment Centre, and a dashboard that reports actionable data.
World-Class Medical Content
To properly assess and manage a patient, a prehospital provider must have a solid foundation in human anatomy and physiology. Anatomy & Physiology for the Prehospital Provider, Second Edition, uses a systemic approach to building this foundation. It begins by providing an overview of the basic systems of the human body and then explores each system in detail chapter by chapter, delivering a thorough discussion on the system's anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. With clear, accessible language and informative illustrations, the Anatomy & Physiology for the Prehospital Provider, Second Edition is an effective and engaging learning experience.
Strong Application to Real-World EMS
Progressive patient case studies evolve throughout every chapter, offering the learner genuine context for the application of the knowledge presented. This approach shows the learner how all of the information will be used to help patients in the field.
The Second Edition content includes:
- New section on the basics of chemistry
- Expanded section on joints
- Expanded content on muscular physiology
- Updated illustrations
- Additional pathophysiology, including cellular injury
- Learning Objectives- The goals are set for each chapter.
- Progressive Case Studies- Each chapter includes an in-depth case study. Answers and rationales for the case study appear in the end of chapter section.
- Vital Vocabulary- New terminology introduced in each chapter is defined and set in boldface, underlined type. The complete listing of terms appears at the end of each chapter.
- Pathophysiology Tips- This feature describes common conditions seen in the field and how they are treated.
- Safety Tips- This feature provides advice on how the provider can stay safe in the field.
- Special Needs Tips- This feature provides advice on how to manage patients in specific categories, such as geriatric or pediatric, who require special consideration in treatment.
- Clinical Tips- This feature provides advice on the treatment of patients.
- Full-color Illustrations- Highly descriptive images that enable providers to clearly visualize the finer points of human anatomy and physiology.
- Chapter Summary- Reviews key points of the chapter.