Ambulance Care Essentials - 2nd Edition
This second edition of Ambulance Care Essentials offers a complete guide to the skills, knowledge and understanding required to work as a support worker or similar within the ambulance service. Covering fundamental elements of the role, the book combines theoretical aspects of communication, legal and ethical issues and safeguarding with more practical areas such as manual handling, medical emergencies and a range of clinical skills. It includes in-depth chapters on the primary areas of patient assessment as well as covering different patient populations across the lifecourse.
Key features include:
- Clearly illustrated, step-by-step instructions for range of practical skills and procedures including how to handle different types of trauma and cardiac arrest
- Detailed anatomical diagrams to provide the reader with the necessary context to carry out the practical elements of their job more effectively
- Evidence-based throughout and up-to-date with the latest guidance, policy and research
- Specific chapters on each area of patient assessment and how to manage this effectively
- Chapters dedicated to various patient populations such as obstetrics, paediatrics and older people
- In-depth chapter on supporting senior clinicians and how best to assist the paramedic as a support worker
This second edition has been brought up to-date with the latest national guidance. The book is appropriate for a Level 3 diploma course or similar that qualifies you to work as a support worker and covers learning objectives from a range of courses offered by ambulance services. It is an essential resource for anyone wanting to prepare themselves for a role within the ambulance service as well as those hoping to become a more effective member of an emergency ambulance crew.
very good i now have it wrapped and ready for Christmas