Ambulance Mental Health Response
With cases of mental health illness on the rise, it is increasingly crucial that ambulance clinicians and paramedics feel empowered in their ability to assess and manage a variety of conditions. This resource provides the foundation of knowledge you need to navigate often-fraught situations with sensitivity and confidence.
Encouraging an interactive approach, critical thinking, and practical application to reinforce your learning, this guide includes and covers:
- A range of mental health presentations (including post-traumatic stress disorder, psychosis, and addiction)
- Patients with complex needs (learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorder, dementia)
- Guidance on risk assessment and safety
- The nuances of the legal framework surrounding mental health and mental capacity
- Nine case studies, eight reflective exercises, seven workbook activities and further clinical tips.
- By Terry Simpson