Anatomy and Physiology for Health Professionals, 3rd Edition
Written with health professions students in mind, the Third Edition of Anatomy and Physiology for Health Professionals offers an engaging, approachable, and comprehensive overview of human anatomy and physiology. The Third Edition features a total of six multifaceted ‘Units’ which build upon an understanding of basic knowledge, take readers through intermediate subjects, and finally delve into complex topics that stimulate critical thinking.
Heavily revised with updated content throughout, chapters include useful features, such as Common Abbreviations, Medical Terminology, the Metric System and more! Students will want to take advantage of the many resources available to reinforce learning —including Test Your Understanding questions that regularly assess comprehension, flash cards for self-study, an interactive eBook with more than 20 animations, and interactive and printable Lab Exercises and Case Studies.
- NEW & UPDATED art and anatomical figures throughout the text
- THREE NEW CHAPTERS on Muscle Tissue, The Autonomic Nervous System, and Heredity
- NEW appendices on Common Abbreviations, Medical Terminology, the Metric System and more!
- NEW Case Studies are now included for Instructors and Students as part of the Teaching and Learning Package as interactive or printable PDFs to help students apply concepts to real-world scenarios.
- NEW – Interactive Anatomy & Physiology Review Module provides a brief tour of the human body, utilising technology to reinforce core A&P concepts.