About Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured, Twelfth Edition:
Since 1971, Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured has advanced how EMS education is delivered to help train exceptional EMS professionals around the globe. Fifty years later, the Twelfth Edition is now the most comprehensive, innovative EMT educational solution ever developed. Concepts of teamwork, communication, and empathy are woven throughout the chapters, challenging students to become more compassionate, conscientious health care professionals as well as skilled clinicians.
Current, State-of-the-Art Content
The Twelfth Edition delivers the latest medical evidence and alignment to current standards, along with a revised layout to improve readability.
- Comprehensive coverage of the National EMS Education Standards and the 2020 American Heart Association (AHA) Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
- Updated coverage of PPE and CDC guidelines for safe patient care during COVID-19 pandemic.
A Focus on Career Readiness and Employability
For those who care about more than just pass rates, the Twelfth Edition is devoted to addressing the most common job readiness issues reported by employers.
- Greater emphasis on empathy, teamwork, interpersonal skills, and problem solving to ensure students are well prepared as they transition into the field.
- A new “Street Smarts” feature that helps bridge the gap between the classroom and field environment by addressing nontechnical skills that improve patient and co-worker interactions.
- Enhanced content on provider mental health, wellness, and safety.
Innovative and Flexible Package Options that Work for Your Course
Helpful student resources like an audiobook, interactive lectures, simulations, and videos drive value and cater to a variety of learning styles and needs. Educators are supported by a range of instructional and assessment resources to simplify traditional, hybrid, and flipped course delivery.