Fundamentals of Nursing - The Art and Science of Person - Centered Care
The preferred nursing fundamentals resources for generations of nursing students and educators, Fundamentals of Nursing: The Art and Science of Person-Centered Nursing Care, 10th Edition, equips beginning nursing students with a holistic, case-based perspective on nursing practice and emphasizes the clinical reasoning and decision-making essential to their success in today's competitive healthcare environment.
Promoting nursing as an evolving art and science directed to human health and well-being, this bestselling text is designed to instill in students the highest level of scientific knowledge and technical skill while cultivating the blended competencies crucial to responsible patient-centered care in a wide variety of care settings. Updates throughout this 10th Edition reflect a growing emphasis on clinical judgment and NCLEX (R) readiness, training students to think like nurses and respond confidently and effectively to clinical challenges.
Ample clinical examples, pedagogy, illustrations, and online learning tools and assessments engage students and distill need-to-know information, complemented by a suite of integrated teaching and learning resources that create a seamless, superior learning experience for every student.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Clinical Judgment chapter conditions students think like nurses, incorporating the nursing process and the latest evidence-based practices to prioritize responsibilities and make confident clinical decisions.
- NEW! Integrated NCSBN concepts and terms keep students on the front lines of today's evolving nursing practice and ready them for success on the NextGen NCLEX (R).
- NEW! Evolving Case Studies familiarize students with the NCSBN Clinical Judgment Evaluation Model and reflect the Next Generation NCLEX (NGN).
- NEW! Diversity, inclusion, and equity content equips students with a diverse perspective on patient care essential to today's nursing practice.
- NEW! Timely coverage throughout the text reflects the impact of climate change and COVID-19 on patient care.
- NEW! 2021 AACN Essentials and ANA Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice incorporated throughout the text help you meet the latest curriculum standards in competency-based nursing education.
- NEW! Thoughtful Person-Centered Practice: Challenging Topics leverage Unfolding Patient Stories to reinforce clinical reasoning and judgment competencies in a real-world context.
- UPDATED! NCLEX (R)-style Chapter Review Questions in every chapter strengthen students' exam readiness.