The new Second Edition is the most comprehensive ECG resource for beginners with minimal experience interpreting ECGs. The chapters provide a basic understanding of the components of an ECG as well as introduce the important topics of acute myocardial infarction, hypertrophy, and bundle branch blocks. Real-life, full-size, four-color ECGs with basic interpretations are included to help students put it all together.
Introduction to 12-Lead ECG: The Art of Interpretation, Second Edition takes the complex subject of electrocardiography and presents it in a simple approach that gives you a basic understanding of the entire ECG.
Whether you are an EMT, nurse, medical student, or physician wanting to learn or reestablish your foundational knowledge of electrocardiography, this book will meet your needs.
- Part 1 The Basics
- Chapter 1 Anatomy
- Chapter 2 Electrophysiology
- Chapter 3 Individual Vectors
- Chapter 4 The Actual ECG: Paper and Ink
- Chapter 5 ECG Tools
- Chapter 6 The Basic Beat
- Chapter 7 The Rate
- Chapter 8 Rhythms
- Part 2 ECG Interpretation
- Chapter 9 The Basic Beat: A Clinical Correlation
- Chapter 10 The Electrical Axis
- Chapter 11 Bundle Branch Blocks and Hemiblocks
- Chapter 12 Hypertrophy
- Chapter 13 Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI)
- Final Review