Mental Health: A Pocket Guide - 4th Edition
This highly valued quick reference guide returns in its fourth edition to provide practical and helpful strategies for responding effectively to those in crisis.
Mental Health: A Pocket Guide delivers a comprehensive overview of the relevant concepts vital to contemporary mental health care. With a clear focus on the consumer, it covers the issues faced by people living with mental illness, as well as best practice approaches for primary health, first responders and multidisciplinary health care professionals.
- Mental Health: Every Health Professional’s Business
2. Working in a Recovery Framework
3. Essentials for Mental Health Practice
4. An Overview of Mental Health Problems
5. Mental Health Assessment
6. Assessing Risk
7. Behaviours of Concern
8. Mental Health Talking-Based Therapies
9. Managing Medications
10. Culture and Mental Health
11. Co-occurring Medical Problems
12. Loss and Grief
13. Law and Ethics
14. Settings for Mental Health Care
Appendix 1 Surviving Clinical Placement
Appendix 2 Who Does What in Mental Health?
Appendix 3 Abbreviations in Medication Administration
Appendix 4 Supporting People with Mental Illness taking Medication
Further Reading and Resources