Rope Rescue Techniques: Principles and Practice includes Navigate Advantage Access: 5th Edition
Rope Rescue Techniques: Principles & Practice, Fifth Edition provides comprehensive coverage of all aspects of rope rescue, including planning, PPE and equipment, medical considerations, evacuations, and special rescue operations. Based on the 2021 Edition of NFPA 1006 (Chapter 5), Standard for Technical Rescuer Professional Qualifications, the fifth edition has been significantly revised to reorganize content by Awareness, Operations, and Technician levels.
Prepare to succeed in the classroom, on the training ground, and in the field.
- For fire and rescue professionals that want to bridge the gap between training and the field, the fifth edition reinforces proper skills performance by providing clear, visual instructions for awareness, operations, and technician level skills.
- A wealth of visual skill drills are included throughout to illustrate step-by-step instructions with photos for completing specific skills.
- New Size-up chapter helps define the role of the awareness-level rescuer in scene size-up, including how to interview witnesses to determine victim location and the scope of the incident
- Expanded coverage of preplanning and hazard identification, risk assessment, and maintaining situational awareness
- New content on SMART method to developing an Incident Action Plan, hazard specific PPE, rope systems equipment, rigging principles, and active fall protection.