Transitions in Nursing Preparing for Professional Practice - 6th Edition
Now in its sixth edition, Transitions in Nursing continues to challenge, motivate and assist students as they transition to the workforce in different health environments.
The text provides practical, real-life support for nurses preparing for professional practice, ensuring they have a comprehensive understanding of what they will encounter and how best to manage the transition period. It covers common issues faced by graduate nurses, important skills for dealing with the world of work, and the organisational environments in which nurses work.
This edition features new contributors, new content, and the latest evidence-based research, statistics, standards and procedures, making it a must-have addition for all senior nursing students and recent graduates.
- Fully updated, evidence-based, comprehensive content from experts in the field
- Practical strategies and suggestions for removing stress, strain and culture shock
- A focus on self-care
- Case studies, reflective questions and exercises throughout to help apply learning to the real-life workplace
- Case studies + reflective questions
- New chapter on infection prevention and control in the current climate
- New chapter on bullying and strategies to deal with it
- New content on cultural safety